Alisa


Simply because you can write a fine letter to your grandma does not mean you can tell a proper story. Telling a story is not an easy task, even if one adheres to the basics I’ve laid out in these pages. Hard work and relentless practice are required – but the final results are well worthwhile.
Learn. Study. Analyze. And write, write, write. 

- William F. Nolan




The room was lined with shelves filled with old candy bars. It reminded me of a storehouse. except the cobwebs kept the reality of this dead history mute for centuries to come. The basement had lots of rooms, and hidden passages all over this house. 

I fell into one by accident running from the hordes of sound screaming throughout the air like a bull horn. I think it was a boarding school at one time, for the dorms were on the top, and the classes seemed to line the hallways. Where the gym used to be, now stood the Great Hall. 

The courts where once young boy's and girls played, were now covered by the leaves blown in from the glasshouses window panes broken from flying tree branches lifted in the air by the storms over the past years.. 

The front court yard was filled with old rusty car parts from the shop classes. Horse stables we built around the back end of the main house. I guess with all the illegal gambling that was going on back in that time, they had to get closer to the track to run them.

It too was now a mystery to me, as to what was where. you see it was always full of people until that day he died, and the house turned dark, kinda creepy. The air changed, and the walls even turned a rustic brown. 

As if acid had been poured on them to scar the house. I don't remember coming here. All I know is that night, after night for the past 5 months, I keep dreaming about it. I go to sleep in my bed, and I wake up here in this place. 

I can smell it. I can feel it, Its all real. Even she! I can see her. The little girl following me as I go through this nightmare. She never speaks. She appeared the third night on the top floor by the studies.

I remembered because for a minute the halls were flooded with kids running in all directions, trying to get some place. As they were moving about in all directions, this one little girl stopped in dead tracks turned and looked at me, and pointed in my direction. She never spoke. 

I turned to see what she was pointing at, and there was a door behind me now. It had a strange writing on it. It looked like claw marks, like someone was trying to get out, or something was trying to get in. When I turned back to look at her, she wasn't there anymore nor the place she stood a minute ago. I was in a blank room filled with black space as if night had taken fall on me and blacked the darkness with a void zone.

It wasn't until I looked into another room pitch black all around me that i began to feel nauseous and unsteady. My mouth was watery and I began to get hot and sweaty in this cold damp room.

The only light was one in the middle of the room shining down to a single spot on the floor.  I walk slowly to the light, and noticed a liquid on the floor. The smell of urine filled my nose from the room, and I could barley breath. 

There was no window that I could see just the light shining. odd there was no bulb in the light fixture. All of a sudden an old wooden chair appeared in the spot, covered with what seemed to be a white sheet.  I wiped my eyes which had gotten blurry from the intense strong odor.  I saw what seemed to be a figure now seated in the chair.  

This was strange, for I was sure that it was empty a minute ago. I know that curiosity has gotten the better of you, and me and we have to know what was under the sheet. Am I right? So I get closer, and just as I was about to touch the sheet, the door opened, and in burst several men.

Some wore what seemed to be hospital scrubs, and their faces were covered with mask, and shields. I fell back, and went to the corner, as they moved about the room. They were grabbing equipment from everywhere, one of the men starting grabbing straps, and started tying down the figure under the sheets. 

I heard voices in the air, but couldn't tell which one was talking.  The sounds were muffled, but the directions seemed clear. The table now seated next to the chair was filled with surgical supplies. 

I was temporarily blinded by the now large light moved into position over the table. Give me 20cc's of the Paxton 483 one called out. I noticed the red bottle with the blue label on it. They filled the syringe with the strange liquid. He stuck it into the neck of the figure seated in the chair. 

that should do it. He said. He seemed calm as if this was a passion to him. I recall he named it Lucy, and told it how proud he was that it did such a good job tonight. He would later reward it with a good fix. 

Now pass me the knife, and remember you have to hold him down while I make the incision. The other said. My mind was filled with horror as they began to put pressure down on the arms, legs, and shoulders of the figure. I couldn't see too good, but I could tell that this was something I wasn't supposed to see. 

I watched in horror as the floor turned red from the blood dripping from the sheet. A hole had been cut into the top of it, so that the skull was exposed, and nothing else. My heart raced a mile a minute, as the fingers on the hand now strapped down, were digging into the wood of the arm rest on the chair. 

It was pure pain, as the man cut away the top of the scalp. I almost lost it, as he removed it, and threw it on the table in the small tin cup. Wait don't look away or you'll miss it.  

With the knife in one had, and the forceps in the other, he began piece by piece cutting layer after layer from the brain. The laughter was insane coming from all of them in the room. The figured screamed , and jerked around wildly in the chair, trying to escape.

I covered my mouth to stop my screams from being heard, as they began to eat each part they lifted. The blood ran down the faces, as parts of meat chunks dripped off the chins onto the floor. 

They were eating them alive!

I screamed out in horror, as one of them looked at me, and licked his lips. He smiled as if he was enjoying it. I couldn't take no more. I ran for the door trying to get out, but it was now locked. 

I began beating on the door, trying to turn the knob, my fingers began to brake into pieces, the harder I tried to turn it, as if my bones had turned brittle like glass. I began to pound on the door with my fist. 

I could see through the small window on the door, that the kids in the hallway were back. this time staring back at me as in a trance themselves, but no one helped me. I screamed and begged them more and more to be let out. But they never moved.  

The laughter got closer to my ringing ears, and the sounds and smells were causing me to get dizzy. I wanted to get out of here. Holding my head in my hands, trying to cover my ears I couldn't get them out my head! 

I fell on the floor screaming. "Aughhh!!!"

Then it happened. The room got quiet. I had my eyes closed tight. I was scared to look up. The room felt even colder, as I slowly glanced up. The men had disappeared just as fast as they had showed up. All that was left was the figure still siting in the chair.  I didn't know what to do.

 I got up from the floor, and looked out the small window on the door. The kids had gone as well. This has got to be a dream I thought. I turned back around, and looked. There she was again. The girl from the hallways.

She was standing next to the covered figured pointing at it. I dared not move a single inch. I was scared out of my mind. What did she want me to do? I asked her who are you. she just stood there pointing. I moved closer to her, and she just starred at me with a blank expression on her face. 

I got closer, and closer to the sheet. i had just saw what they did to the person under it. The sheet began to bleed by itself. blood started poring all over the floor, as I got closer. I looked at the little girl, who just stood there motionless, just pointing as if she wanted me to look under the sheet. 

I trembled as I reach with my now deformed fingers, which had been stripped away of it's normal state, from beating them hard on the door. I could see the hole cut in the top of the sheet. Blood soaked, and pieces of meat all over the place. 

They had eaten almost all of it. My stomach felt weak, and I threw up on the floor next to me. There was no helping it. The flies now began to gather all around this now feast that they could only enjoy.  I moved back to the spot where I was and took a deep breath. I began to grasp the corner of the sheet, and began to pull away the cover.

I had to see who it was. My heart began to pound even more, as the blood got worst. The more I pulled, the redder the sheets began to be. The horror came even greater as piece by piece the figure began to come clearer as to whom it was that was sitting in the chair. 

As the final part revealed itself, I flew back in the corner screaming. I began coughing, and gagging. I ran to the door tears running down my face. No! It can't be.. Let me out of here.. I yelled. Someone let me out of here!!!

I was in total shock, I began throwing my body against the door. Trying to escape this mental trauma. No it's not real. I fell on the floor crying. It's not real. I closed my eyes, and felt a hand on my shoulder. it's your turn. 

Suddenly the nurses had picked me up off the floor. I was in a hospital bed. They had given me something to calm down. The Dr. looked at me and said what happened to you? You looked as if you've seen a ghost. Little did they know I had.

For the face of the figure I had seen, was none other than my very own. 

 Whether it be the dark spotted dog, who speaks English, but wont let me leave the house. Or the Girls who all offer me favors, but they change faces as I look at them. Nor the burning classrooms filled with students that never leave the class. 

I will find and conquer all of the the hidden passages, that keep leading to the dark rat infested basement,where I see years of decayed flesh covering the walls lined with broken mirrors. 

It seemed that each mirror had a world locked behind it, and it was unleashed at different times. Every time she appeared, the world I see changed. 

I knew she was the key to it all. 

Now to stop her. I have to.

Her name is...


Alisa
A Daringly Novel by The Author Ken Gandy




Comments